Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently my English 101 class was assigned the task of reading Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. It is truly the most inspirational book that I have ever been introduced to. I have never been an adequate reader but I found myself unable to put this particular book down. I loved it! There are many quotes that have caught my eye and I would love to share with you some of my favorites.
“Love wins. Love always wins.”
Page 40
I have chosen this quote because it is so true! In life, as long as you have happiness and love surrounding you, you will always be a winner in the game of life. Love saves us all.
“Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel . . . even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.”
Page 61
I chose this quote because some of the best things in life are felt with our hearts rather then seen with our eyes. Trust, love, loyalty and happiness can be expressed but the greatest part of these emotions are felt within soul.
“Learn how to die, and you learn how to live.”
Page 83
I loved this quote because there are so many moments, people and things in life that we all take for granted everyday. Ask yourself these questions. If you were dying, would you look back on your life and wish that you had done something different? Would you have taken the risk? Would you have told someone whom you have admired for years in silence how you really felt about them? I don’t want to go through life wondering “what if?” . We all should live life like we are dying.
“How can I be envious of where you are — when I’ve been there myself?”
Page 121
I absolutely love this quote! In life you should never be envious toward anyone or anything because God is writting our individual life stories and they are all very special. He has an amazing plan for each of us. The people of the world are in no way the same and therefore we should not kill ourselves trying to “live up” to something we are not destined to be. Just wait it out. Your time to shine will eventually arrive.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and take it in.”
Page 52
This quote is lovely because if we cannot learn to love people for who they are then we may never find inspiring people such as Morrie. We need to not allow ourselves to build up walls and block people out of our lives. Every person walks into our lives for a reason whether good or bad. They all teach us a valuable lesson that is meant to be passed on.
I have recommended this book to everyone. It’s truly amazing and it has allowed me to view life from a whole new perspective. Thanks Mitch!

Pin It on Pinterest