Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently my Englsih 101 class begun the book “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. I love this book. Seems like from every sentence to every word has something to do with my life presently or before. This book has been my life line for adive the last two weeks. he just has so much wisdom and i love the point that he shared it with everybody. He was a brave man. Even tho the whole book is wonderful, i would like to share a couple of my favorite quotes and my feelings towards them. “The culture we have dose not make people feel good about themselves. And you have to be strong enought to say if the culture dosen’t work, dont buy it.”(pg.42)I really like this quote. He telling the truth about everything. Our culture dose down people. By hurting peoples feeling, and have there confidence down, business pockets stay full because they adviterise things that people think they need to have to be have and to live. Even tho we know we dont need it, we buy it because somebody else has it, or because its suppose to help some kind of flaw that we supposely have. To live in todays society you have to be stong or be rich, because everybody wants something. “WE….need to forgive ourselves…..For all the things we didn’t do. All the things we should have done. You cant get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened.”(pg.166)Morrie couldn’t have said it any better than that right there. Regrets are what mess people up. When things happen, you have to move on with your life, good or bad. You cant dewell on the past because its not going to change. You have to forgive yourself for everything you do. If you have dont something horirble in your life, and you live through it, forget it. Dont mess up your life trying to live your past. I can not relate to this very much. I cant say that i have never regreted anything, but it didn’t last for longer than a minute. I dont regret much. I am the kind of people thats going to do what i want to do, when i need to, how i want to. “So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem helf-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important……)(pg.43)I know so many people thats like this right now. Out in the world, doing nothing. Working at a gas station or a resturant hating the fast that there life has began and ending at the same place. When people are all stuck up and only care about themselve, they end up by there selves. You have to care about something. Your community, your friends, your self. When you dont have any meaning in your life, you are basically walking dead. Take for instance my life, i work and play basketball. I come home to a beautiful niece and nephew everyday that lights up my world. They are truly my everything. I dont do alot but i love. I have a big heart and would do anything for anybody. Its not all about you like some people wish it was”…..in addition to miseria, the young are not wise. They have very little understanding about life.”(pg.18) I think this is true. You may have a smart person but that dosen’t mean that there wise. Kids dont understand that they dont know everything.I really enjoyed with Book,its a must read.

Pin It on Pinterest