Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently, my senior dual credit English class has been reading an excellent book called Tuesdays with Morrie. It is by far one of my favorite non-fiction books. It really makes one stop and think about their life. I would like to share a few inspirational quotes from the book.
On page 79 there is a good quote even though it is not from Morrie himself. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” To me this means that teachers are one of the biggest influences in a student’s life besides parents. Teachers help to set students up to succeed for the rest of their lives. Teachers can never tell which part of a student’s life that they alone affected. Most students try to remember the best teachers that they had.
On page 40 there is a very good quote by Morrie concerning the tension of opposites. ” Life is a series of pulls…you are bound to do something else…you take certain things for granted…you know you should never take anything for granted.” To me this quote tells that everyone thinks they know what they want to do in their life but in the end they usually end up doing something else. Some people do get to do what they want. Most, however, end up doing something completely different.
A third quote I will share is on page 35. ” The culture we live in does not make people feel good about themselve.” To me this shows that everyone is concerned with looking “good” and having lots of money. While nice, these things never can bring true happiness to a person. The personality is the part we should focus on not the outside features of a person.
This book has been a great inspiration to me up to page 121. I hope that it remains that way for the rest of the brilliant book.

Pin It on Pinterest