Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Cparsons

Recently my English 101 class began reading the book, Tuesday’s with Morrie. I began reading the book and the more I read of it I realized that it was a great point of view. I asked myself the question, do any of us really know what we would do if we knew we only had 6 months to live?? Could we sit and have a positive outlook on life as our body slowly dlipped into a slow stonelike stare. When he said “I’m like a bridge I’m no longer fully alive but I’m not really dead either”. I thought could you ever really be fully alive if in the back of your mind you knew you were only going to live a few months. When he says “he never bought into the culture” I think he meant he had always done what made him happy and he didn’t care if others viewed him as wierd or goofy. He was himself and I think we all wish we could be a little more like Morrie, in one way or another. I’m not a big fan of fiction, but I liked this one. Because the book shows how someone with so little was able to give so much, not in monetary value but in life lessons. Like he said he was a teacher to the end and he certainly taught me one thing you can’t always assume all these things will make you happy. They might make you happy for a little while, but not long lasting happiness, not like a true friend. When asked how his friend who could no longer hear, and him who had lost the ability to speak what would their meetings be like. Morrie simply replied ” there would be a lot of love” This goes to show you that if your friends are true friends that you don’t even need to be able to talk to each other you can have a great relationship with only love. I believe Morrie was one of the coolest people in the world, and I’m glad I know about him. I’d like to thank the author for getting the last little drops of his wisdom down so the world could be privey to the wonder of Morrie. It has probally had done more good for more people than either of them could have ever imagined. This may have been his plan all along, like one big final lecture, but we will never know.

Pin It on Pinterest