Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Courtney.

Recently my English 101 class started reading Tuesdays with Morrie. I absolutely love this book so far, It has already taught be so much about life, but in a way that I can understand it. I’ve started looking at things a little different since I have been reading this book. He overall inspires me to appreciate life more. Tuesdays with Morrie is definitely a book that I will never forget!
I would like to share with you the quotes in this book that have a personal meaning to me.
On page 40. Morrie tells Mitch
“Life is a series of pulls back and forth… You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted… Love wins. Love always wins.”
This quote means something to me because, I take things for granted all the time and even though I know that it is wrong I still do it. I also love that Morrie says to Mitch. Love wins. Love always wins. That’s just beautiful to me. Everyone thinks it’s silly. But I also believe that love always wins.
Another quote that also has meaning to me would be on page 55. Mitch describes Morrie
“In the light of this, my visits with Morrie felt like a cleansing rinse of human kindness.
This quote is just wonderful, the way that was described I totally understand what you were saying. I also feel that from Morrie when I read about his life lessons that he once gave to you. I love that feeling of kindness that some people give to me, it’s amazing! And, this quote just reminded me of how I feel when that happens to me.
Last but not least, another favorite quote of mine would have to be on page 57. Morrie tells Mitch
“It’s horrible to watch my body slowly wilt away to nothing. But it’s also wonderful because of all the time I get to say good-bye. Not everyone is so lucky.”
That quote was just wow. It amazed me how someone with Morrie’s condition could not have any self pity. If I was in Morrie’s shoes I would definitely have a lot of self pity for myself, and Morrie taught me that there are greater things in life than just feeling sorry for yourself. Morrie has taught me a lot about death and prepared me with the thought of how to handle that situation.
That was only three of my favorite quotes from this book. I could go on and on all night about my favorite quotes of this book. This is by far one of my best reads. I think that you are so lucky to have known a man with such great wisdom, and lessons. This is one of my favorite books ever. I can’t wait to finish it!

Pin It on Pinterest