Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Just recently my English 101 class started reading Tuesday’s with Morrie. This book now has a special place in my heart. It has grabbed my attention and I am in love with it, all because of one man, Morrie Schwartz. This book has touched me, in more ways than I could ever count. There are so many quotes that really touched my heart, that it’s really hard to only choose just a few, but here are a few of my favorites.
One quote I absolutely love is, “….Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too—even when you’re in the dark…” pg. 61. This part really grabbed my attention and my heart. I thought about it for days after I first read it. It reminds me that not everything you see is the truth that you have listen to your heart and believe. We as people always want trust in our relationships but, like Morrie says, in order to have others trust us, we must first trust them even if we’re not always on the good end.
“Everyone knows they’re going to die, but nobody believes it.” pg. 80. This statement is so true. We all know we cannot live forever and that there is no physical way possible that we can. So we realize that we are eventually going to die somehow, someway. Most times we always imagine we’re going to die at a really old age after living a long, full life. We never want to accept that our life may end at any moment. We’re not promised the next breath we breathe, yet we think we are. It really hits home and makes you want to live your life like Morrie did, which was with his family and those he loved.
“…once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” pg. 82. I think I felt so connected to this quote for the simple fact that my family has been so close to death here lately. Too close might I add. After being around death and those dying you realize that when the person realizes that they’re dying, they seem to live life more than those of us who seem healthy. The person who is dying knows that they have a short amount of time and are not afraid of death, so they embrace it and life. They live like they’ve never lived before, because they know they have a short time to live it.
Those are only a few of the many, many things Morrie has said that I’ve fallen in love with. Everything Morrie said, has so much meaning and passion behind it that it’s almost impossible not to love everything he says. He could talk about anything at all and still not upset people. He has that air about his words that make most people, well me anyway hang onto each word. I cannot wait to read more about Morrie as we finish this book!

Pin It on Pinterest