Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

For the past couple of weeks I, along with the rest of English 101, have been reading Tuesdays With Morrie. Going to be completely honest, if it weren’t for my English class I would have NEVER read this book. But since I’ve been reading it I can say that it’s very emotional and touching; I love it. I wish I could’ve met Morrie and had him for a teacher, he’s awesome!!There were a few things in this book that he said that I can relate to:”Money is not a substitute for tenderness. . . neither money nor power will give you the feeling you’re looking for, no matter how much of them you have.” (p. 125)I know so many people, including myself to be honest, that think that buying things you don’t really need and caring about nothing but money will make you happy. I know now that it doesn’t. I always think that getting my next paycheck will be the highlight of my week but once I get it I don’t feel better. I mean yeah, I’ve got money now, but it doesn’t make me happy. I promised myself that I wouldn’t blow my money on pointless things, things that really didn’t mean anything to me. Money does not make someone happy and when I see someone who obsesses over money I know they’re not happy. So this quote really relates to me.”Turn on the faucet. Wash yourself with the emotion. . . “All right, it’s just fear, I don’t have to let it control me. I see it for what it is.” (p.105)I’m one of those people who fear death. I don’t like thinking about when I’m going to die or how I’m going to die, but I do it anyways. I try to live life to the fullest but then I think about what it all means in the end and it scares me. So reading this statement from Morrie really helped me to think, that I don’t need to let my feelings on death or any negative feeling have the best of me. I need to take it all in, embrace it, and just enjoy the life I have right now.I really love this book,the first twenty pages had me crying and I just can’t wait to finish it!

Pin It on Pinterest