Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

A life changing book. This is the phrase that i would use to sum up “Tuesdays with Morrie.” There is so many life lessons to learn reading this book and i would recommend it to any audience or age group. It is truly inspirational. These are a few quotes from the book and my opinion on why they make a large impact on peoples lives”including myself.” The first quote that caught my attention was something Morrie said. It can be found on page 82. “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” This is such a bold statement, and i wont know the truth to this until i stare face to face with death. Or atleast i cant understand it completely. So i will rely on my trust and always keep on my mind that death is real and not ignore that one day i too will leave this earth. But who is there to say that death is a bad thing? Its all according to the eyes your looking into the world from. This means some could be more satisfied in death and not worry about their life on earth. This would be an awful fate, ofcoarse, for death is made up of what you design it as you live your life on earth. This statement from Morrie makes me want to make my life count for something and even if I only make an impact on one person then I would be suffice with it. It makes me want to treat people like I would like to be treated and always take other peoples lives into heart and truly love them. The other statement Morrie made can be found on page 61. It says ,”You closed you eyes… And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too… ” This shows that you cant be selfish in trust and want people to trust you when you wont allow yourself to trust others. Most of us dont trust at all, and Morrie trying to show us to have a deep trust that completely puts your accountance into peoples hearts. This can be very difficult to do and will have to be conceived of a lot of practice and first having trust in yourself. The last one can be found on page 42. Morrie says, “The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves… dont buy it.” This quote is so important, especially in our time of day when there are so many people that set the bar and say that their way is the only way to look or act. This ofcoarse is not the way to look at things that is why we are all made to be individuals. If everyone was the same the world would be such a boring place and there would be no variety in people. Every one should try to think for themselves and develop their morals themselves.

Pin It on Pinterest