Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    BrendaD
    Participant

Mine:“Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe” (pg 44).

What’s yours?

Pointe
    Participant

A minute with God:
    “Lord, I’ve done x amount of good stuff on earth. I have tried to follow your teachings and to pass them on. I have loved my family, I’ve been part of a community. And I have been, I think, fairly good to people.
    So, Heavenly Father, for all this, what is my reward?
    And what do you think God will say? …
    He’ll say, ‘Reward? What reward? That’s what you were supposed to do!'”

Tzlucas

My favorite line is the last one: “I am in love with hope”

Bogdon

“you should be convinced of the authenticity of what you have, but you must also be humble enough to say that we don’t know everything. And since we don’t know everything, we must accept that another person may believe something else.”Having noted my favorite line, there is a misspelled word on page 126 “fet” should be “felt”.”Fet” is my favorite word in the book.

Dtrakul

Two of my favortie lines.”And is often the case with faith, I thought I was being asked a favor, when in fact I was being given one”.”your not listening with your eyes”

Mmstrolle

Page 79
    “When you come to the end, that’s where God begins.”
    It gives you a peaceful feeling.

Jdaly7

So many, many great lines that I will be using in my life. This one is so true in today’s world and if we all take the messages from this book, and begin to apply & use them in our lives – think of the difference that can make:pg. 13″And the pious hypocrisy I witnessed in politics and sports – congressmen going from mistress to church services, football coaches breaking the rules, then kneeling for a team prayer – only made things worse.”

One of my favorite lines of this book so far is on page 39 – “The most inspirational man I knew only reached his potential by helping a child reach his.”It really make this man of God seem more and more human, and how it all starts with simply being a good person. Maybe that is all that matters.

Diana

Brenda, this was my first choice also, but there are some many great lines in this book that it is hard to just select one or two.

Diana

My favorite line was on page 110. “Hello,” he said, holding out his hand. “Im Henry”I got goosebumps. So many wise and wonderful comments in the book. But this to me was not just a wise man speaking. But a wise man doing.

Malbom
    Keymaster

Hey, Mitch Albom here. This is one of my favorite lines:”It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no, than to think that nobody’s out there” (p. 82).

Buckyboo

It is too hard to pick a favorite line:The most inspirational man I knew only reached his potential by helping a child reach his.Faith is doing, you are how you act, not how you believe.When you come to an end that is where God begins….I’ve thought about it and in some ways, maybe your right.Nothing haunts like the things we don’t say.From generation to generation these rituals are how we remain…Lois

Pointe
    Participant

Concept that a sentient God exists is heavenly – being heard a bonus, being answered nirvana.

Nancylee53

…..but you must be humble enough to say that we don’t know everything. And since we don’t know everything, we must accept that another person may believe something else. (page 161)

Trying to narrow it down to just one favorite line is impossible, but since my others are already listed here, there’s but one left:p. 82 “It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no than to think that nobody’s out there.” This is an incredible book … as with Mitch’s others, it’s one I will re-read!

ETA: (and then I get to the SECOND page of favorite lines here and see that this one has been posted too … at least I’m in good company!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest