Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

This topic contains 44 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Williamdavid413 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Dsergi

“You might find another woman, but you will never find your wife” pg 149

“The Reb, I’d learned, was like a tough tree; he bent with storms but he would not snap”. pg 55

Jturk

“Nothing haunts like the things we don’t say.”

It seemed like every page had a great line or phrase that I loved. All the quotes mentioned already I had marked in my book as well. So I thought I’d share one that no one has said yet:”If we tend to the things that are important in life, if we are right with those we love and behave in line with our faith, our lives will not be cursed with the aching throb of unfulfilled business. Our words will always be sincere, our embraces will be tight. We will never wallow in the agony of ‘I could have, I should have.’ We can sleep in a storm. …And when it’s time, our goodbyes will be complete.” (page 93)

DarMac

The nurse gave him his pills. On her way out, he whispered after her.
    “Please…if you turn off the lights, could you stop by once in a while and remember I’m here?”In the job of nursing, may we all take the time to stop by and remember our patients :^)

Germaine

I am neither better nor smarter, only luckier. And I should be ashamed of thinking I know everything because you can know the whole world and still feel lost in it. So many people are in pain – no matter how smart or accomplished – they cry, they yearn, they hurt. But instead of looking down on thing, they look up, which is where I should be looking too. Because when the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: Comfort, love and a peaceful heart.

Henny

when Reb said: “my answer here, too, is yes, there is something. But friends, I’m sorry. Now that I know, I can’t even tell you”
    It shows how happy Reb in heaven above and he wants to share it with others, he can’t…but we’ll know it someday by ourselves 🙂

Did you feel guilty cursing God – you, of all people?
    “No,” he said. “Because even in doing so, I was recognizing there was a greater power than me.”
    He paused.
    “And that is how I began to heal.”

Hadeeza

Page 162:If the only thing wrong with Moses is that he’s not yours; if the only thing wrong with Jesus is that he’s not yours; if the only thing wrong with mosques, Lent, chanting, Mecca, Buddha, confession, or reincarnation is that they’re not yours – well, maybe the problem is you.

Mochafudge

mmstrolle wrote:Page 79
    “When you come to the end, that’s where God begins.”
    It gives you a peaceful feeling.

I agree ^^

Azrael

“FAITH is about DOING.. YOU are HOW you ACT, NOT just how you BELIEVE”very well said!!

Amyritz

“If you could pack for heaven, this was how you’d do it, touch everything, take nothing.” page 210

of course there are many, just to quote a couple-“In any conversation, I was taught, there are three parties: You, the other person and God””When the world quites to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: Comfort, love and a Peaceful Heart.”

pg 144 – “Remember, the only difference between ‘marital’ and ‘martial’ is where you put the ‘i’.”…and in this perspective, the I is a pronoun!

Reewrig

“Have a Little Faith”, was very special to me. The line I loved the most was on page # 65. “He spent an hour talking to a stranger”.
    It reminds me of my dad who I associated with Albert Lewis.
    My dad took care of my mom who had Alhemizer’s for 13 yrs., yet he has thebestattitude and is is always singing or humming. Plus always has time (now 83 yrs. of age) for everyone. She passed away 12 yrs ago. In writing “Have a Little Faith, it was as though you reached into my “heart” and played the song of love for my dad who one day will move on……
    My Dad has never truly met a stranger and loves everyone. Vice-versa!Even though I do not know you, we are kindred spirits thru your work. Continue to write. You have a calling. Thank you.
    I appreciate you. You are called to write. Please continue to do so.

Allynm17

“Our faith tells us to do charitable acts and to aid the poor in our community. That is being righteous, no matter who you help.”

– Free Dr. Alexis Montes and the 42 health workers NOW.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest