in appreciation

Home Forums Have a Little Faith in appreciation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stockonmom 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is my 3rd Mitch Albom book I have read: Tuesdays with Morrie, the 5 people you meet in heaven, and now Have a little Faith. I especially liked this last one because I am very familiar with the areas mentioned since I live in Camden NJ, a “stone’s throw” from Haddon Hts. and Cherry Hill. Am I correct in saying the first synagogue was on White Horse Pike and is now Heights Imaging, where xrays and tests are done, it would be near St. Rose of Lima RC Church. The current Temple Beth Shalom is on Kresson Rd. in Cherry Hill.
    After reading this book….I wish I had known the good Rabbi. I am not of the Jewish faith, although I had a great-uncle by marriage who was. My faith is tied up in the Jewish faith, and I would pray that those who profess Christianity would realize that.
    Keep the books coming Mitch. and God’s blessing be on you.

Stockonmom

I just finished reading Have a Little Faith this evening. I am a busy mom of four young boys and rarely take time to get on the computer, but here I am registered on a new site and sharing my thoughts. Thanks, Bro. Albom, for a great story, well-told. I am always thrilled to hear the truth and you illuminated so much of it in your book. I was born and raised in a home and community of faith and have never strayed from it. Through all of my life experiences, travel and education I have held to the precepts of faith and good works and rejoiced in seeing those traits in others, regardless of race, religion, culture or creed. This life is truly a gift and I stand all amazed at the love our God offers us! Also, I was pleased to learn from the previous posting that the location of Temple Beth Shalom is in a place I served as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints back in 1993-94. I had a wonderful experience coming to know and love some of the people and places in the greater Philadelphia area, including Moorestown, Cherry Hill and Vineland. And to think I was there working to spread the love and peace of God at the same time Rabbi Lewis was serving his synagogue is a mind-blower. I look forward to meeting him in heaven and sharing my appreciation for his good life and our shared faith in a loving, generous God. Peace to all!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest