Life’s Greatest Lesson

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Life’s Greatest Lesson

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jatachyheart 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BrendaD
    Participant

What is the greatest lesson someone has ever given you?

Manya

Acceptance is the key to my happiness today.
    If I am upset, or unhappy it’s because I find some person, or situation not to my liking. I have to accept nothing happens in God’s world by mistake and accept he/she can see around corners,
    I cannot.

Ana07

This book has been my greatest lesson – it has encouraged me to finally go to university – i have thought about it for many years and never had the courage to go ahead – but when it said in the book – on your dying day would you regret not doing it – that’s what made me really think and realise i was being silly in my fears.

Thanks to Morrie – that even after his death he is affecting peoples lives in a possitive way and thanks to Mitch who took the time to listen and then share it with the world.

Jlsearle

I couldn’t possibly choose just one lesson above all that is the ‘greatest’.
    My lessons that I have learnt all work together to produce a great life – even if a single one wasn’t there, my life’s greatness would be lost.

At one time Mitch I thought I had it all, I was 29, managing a credit union, husband, family. I was a young woman in charge of her life. Then I was diagnosed with APLS, Rhuematoid Arthritis, Lupus, had 5 heart surgeries, a pacemaker implant, and then started with seizures, the past two years I’ve been on chemo, lost my best friend, my “morrie” if you have it, and in one instant the rug was pulled from underneath me. If I was taught any lesson, it was life wasn’t something you could hold in your palm and think you could keep it there. It could be gone in an instant. I’ve been revived twice and each time I think the lesson was take a better a look around. I’ve learned what is most important in life. Love, caring for others and doing all you can to be there for others. I can’t walk past someone in need or someone crying or even someone just sitting alone. I’ve always felt they are in my path for a reason, that is my greatest lesson.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest