Magic Strings Indeed

Home Forums To Mitch Magic Strings Indeed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terryl 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TPH
    Participant

Just posted this on my Facebook page, hope you don’t mind.
    A Fan, Tim Hagan, Vancouver Wa.

Just finished Mitch Albom’s latest, “The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto”. Like all of Mitch’s fiction it is filled with the mystical and the magical and how faith is so important to all of our life’s journeys. The voice of the narrator is the talent of music and it is the story of how talent has the power to change us and those around us for the better or for the worse.
    Now I am prejudice, since I have loved Mitch’s work from his first column on the sport’s page of the Detroit Free Press, but I recommend this book to all of my friends without reservation. Whether you grabbed huge handfuls of music as your talent at birth like Matthew Rotchford, Michael Kissinger, Maria Manzo or like most of us you love music and a good story, this book will touch you.
    Here is a quote to whet your appetite; “There is a reason you glance up when you first hear a melody or tap your foot at the sound of a drum. All Humans are musical. Why else would the Lord give you a beating heart?
    Buy the real book, touch it while you read and save it to read again. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    As an aside, I finished this book three years to the day of the passing of my father. In the acknowledgements Mitch thanks Father Lawrence J. Delonnay, pastor, Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic Church, Waterford Michigan. My father was one of the original members of that parish and Father Delonnay is the priest who offered the funeral mass for my dad. Who says things aren’t connected?

Malbom
    Keymaster

Tim,

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. It’s almost a year since my mother’s passing, and I don’t know if the loss of a parent is ever something you can “get over.” That we are connected, even in this small way, is a testament to what I’ve written in Frankie Presto’s story.

To know this book is held in such high regards from a reader like you is more than any writer could ever hope for. Thank you for sharing it with your Facebook friends. I appreciate anything you can do to help spread the word.

I hope you’ll come back to mitchalbom.com and start more conversations here. With me and other readers like you.

Wishing you a good 2016.
    Your friend,
    Mitch

Terryl
    Participant

Dear Mitch,

I just finished reading THE MAGIC STRINGS,and to say it blew me away,doesn’t come close.I wanted to steal this book from the library,cause I can’t afford it,but I thought how selfish it would be of me to deny other’s this
    treasure. I don’t know what inspired you,but what a joy this book was, love,joy,pain life at it’s realest,thank you!!!

I kept closing the book,looking at the cover and thinking this has to be real it can’t just be a story,and then I gave in and decided it was real because Frankie lived inside of you,I can only say THANK YOU FOR LETTING HIM OUT.He was wonderful to meet!!! I fell in love with this book and talk and think about it a lot.

I am only sad that we will never meet him again!!

Thank you again,the pleasure was all mine!!!

Terryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest