Take on Living and Dying

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Take on Living and Dying

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malbom 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeysesh
    Participant

Good day! I am a student of Saint Michael’s College of Laguna in the Philippines and I adore your opus. I loved your books–Tuesdays with Morrie and For One More Day are just some of my faves. Thank you for these masterpieces that you’ve crafted. Thank you for even letting me experience being a student of Morrie Schwartz. You’re an inspiration for me–as a writer and as a person. I hope that you’ll read this.

Regarding Tuesdays with Morrie, we were given a task of defining living and dying through an essay. I would like to ask you, if it’s okay, about your perspective on the utterance from Morrie Schwartz, “The truth is, once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.”

Thank you and I’ll patiently wait for your answer.

Malbom
    Keymaster

Hi Jeysesh,

It’s a good question, and one I’ve taken to heart in the books I write. There are many interviews in which I’ve been asked, “Why do you write about death?” I’d counter that to say that I don’t write about death. I write about life. Death just get people’s attention, as it’s the one great equalizer.

I have realized that loss, love and finding meaning in your life while you are here are all universal themes.

What do you think of Morrie’s statement?

Your friend,
    Mitch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest