Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts

This topic contains 54 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Malbom 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Joepete17

Everyone is looking for some kind of an answer. Is it possible that there isn’t one? I suppose that depends on the question.

Is life tragic? Yes. Terribly tragic. Can you change your outlook on life? Yes. We are all in control of our emotions, whether we are capable actually doing it is different matter. What I took from the book ‘Tuesdays With Morrie’ is not how to cope with death/life (notice I use them interchangeably), but how to use the time we have to enable ourselves to love deeply, control our emotions, think without restrictions and fear nothing.

I was blessed to have discovered my Morrie whilst we were both still young(ish) and in full health. In 2006 I made enquiries about undertaking an MSc degree at University College London in my chosen professional discipline, Facilities and Estates Management. I considered myself reasonably experienced and knowlegable in my field; however, when I received my entrance exam question I had second thoughts and felt that this level of acaddemic study was beyond me. I called the University to speak to the Director of the course, an American gentleman by the name of Peter McLennan. He convinced me that I was more than capable of completing and passing the exam, which I duly did, and from that moment on, he became a source of encouragement, support and inspiration. In Sep 10, I became the proud recipient of my MSc; however, if it was not for the guidance of my own personal Morrie, I would never even have attempted it.

Ally

Recently, my English 101 class began reading Tuesadays with Morrie. Morrie Schwartz was made famous by his aphorisms about life, and a few of them really connected to me.
    “Love wins. Love always wins.” p.40 I absolutley love this statement. It has proven to be true for me over and over again. As a female high school student, alot of drama and confrontation comes my way, we all know how us girls are. I have always heard the saying, “kill them with kindness,” and that can be so hard to do. I used to think that that was a simple minded statement, until I tried it. When you show people love, whether they give it back or not, it definitely benefits you. My life has been a whole lot quieter since I took this saying literally. Morrie had the right idea in mind.
    “Accept the past as the past, without denying it or discarding it.” p.18 This was another quote that I felt like I had some experience with. In my life there have been some things that I wish I had never done or never gotten myself into. For along time, I regreted those things and wished that I had been smarter about them. After I read this quote and looked deeper into the meaning, I realized that Morrie was right. Those experiences got me to where I am today and without them, I would not be the person I am today. I would not trade anything for the lessons those experiences taught me and honestly, they benefited me in the end.
    “…….. if it isn’t the family.” p.91 Out of all of these quotes, this one is my favorite. I have such a close bond with my family. They are like my security blanket. Any problems I face or successes I have, I share with them. If I did not have them I do not know where I would be. I think Morrie summed up my relationship with my family in one quote.
    “Love each other or perish.” p.91 This was the last comment that I felt like hit home with me. When I get upset or frustrated with my family or friends, and I go for a while not speaking to them or disliking them, I begin to feel very lonely and distant. If we do not love one another, we will never be happy. We will never feel love in return. I think we would lose ourselves if love was not part of our lives. I think Morrie knew this and was thankful that he had love and the knowledge to give and recieve it during his last days.
    Those were the aphorisms that I have fallen in love with so far. I’m sure they’ll be many more and I can’t wait to finish this book.

Malbom
    Keymaster

Thanks, Ally, for sharing your favorite quotes from the book. Morrie was remarkable, and it has been my privilege to be able to share him with you. He would be thrilled to learn that you’re reading about him in class, and that, through this book, he continues to teach. Keep reading, and keep writing!Thanks,
    Mitch

My English 101 class recently started reading Tuesdays with Morrie. I absolutely love the book. There are so many life lessons in it and such a deep connection between two people; I don’t see how somebody couldn’t like it. There are so many good quotes and aphorisms in Tuesdays with Morrie. It’s hard to choose only a few, but here are some of my favorites.
    “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.” (p. 18). I love this quote. I accept the past as past because there is nothing you can do to change it. What I have done in the past, whether I regret it or not, has made me who I am today. I have learned to learn from my mistakes because they can’t be taken back. I haven’t forgotten and I don’t deny my mistakes, I have learned to accept and learn from them. I think everyone should do this, otherwise they will grieve over their past for the rest of their lives and never accept it.
    “. . . my visits with Morrie felt like a cleansing rinse of human kindness.” (p. 55). Have you ever talked to someone, and while you are talking to them you just feel happy and pure? I have talked to a few people like this. You just feel really happy and care free; the person is just so nice. I think this is how Mitch is feeling when he goes to visit with Morrie and I have felt the same way.
    “. . . by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way . . . you experience them fully and completely.” (p. 104). This is part of one of my favorite aphorisms in the book so far. Detaching yourself from certain emotions. Now that I have read this aphorism, I realize that I have experienced many emotions. And when I experience them again I am going to recognize these emotions and hopefully I can detach myself from them, like Morrie says. I have experienced love, fear, grief, pain, and when I experience them again I am going to try to detach myself from them if I need to.
    Tuesdays with Morrie is such a great book. I look at life in a new perspective everyday because of this book. I have learned so many things that I wouldn’t have if I had never started reading it. Every page has a new quote or aphorism that is just amazing. It’s hard to have a favorite when there is a new one every page! I love the book so far and I can’t wait to finish it and learn many more life lessons from Morrie Schwartz.

Emily Hope

My senior English class recently finished writing a persuasive research paper. To slow down a little and have some fun, my teacher assigned us the book Tuesdays with Morrie. Fun? No. I hate non-fiction. Or so I thought. Now, we’ve read a little more than half of the book, and it has already touched me in more ways than I can imagine.
    One of the first quotes that really had an impact on me was “Accept the past as past, without denying it or disregarding it” found on page 18. As simple as the aphorism is, it’s not an easy thing to do. You can’t deny your past because it is an important part of who you are today. And you can’t disregard it because remembering past mistakes helps to keep you from making them again in the future. We have to accept that our pasts are over and move on, getting a little better with every step we take.
    Another one of my favorite parts was Morrie’s story about the “tension of opposites” on page 40. Morrie says, “Life is a series of pulls back and forth…A tension of opposites like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle.” When I read this, I felt like Morrie Schwartz had read my mind. We constantly have choices to make, and they’re not always easy. Sometimes our head tells us to do one thing, when our heart really wants to do another. I have recently found myself in several situations where I know how I should feel, but am left wondering why I feel the exact opposite. All of life is battle with these opposites. It may get tiresome, but Morrie also gave this encouraging advice: “Love wins. Love always wins.” Pg.40.
    So far, the quote that has had the biggest impact on me is “…The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others…”Contrary to many beliefs, the glamour and shine of everyday things like houses, cars, or celebrities are not where you’ll find the meaning of your life. You won’t find it in your high-paying job, or any material things. You’ll find meaning in your life when you look for it in other people. When you devote yourself to loving others, you are opened up to being loved in return, and I can’t think of any greater meaning in life than this.
    In just the first half of the book, Morrie has taught me so much. It takes a special person to be such an inspiration throughout life, but it takes an extraordinary person like Morrie to be an inspiration in death as well. I look forward finding more truth and inspiration as I finish the book, and I have no doubt that I will add it to my list of favorites (even if it is non-fiction.)

Recently my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie and I’ve fallen completely in love with it. This book has so much meaning to me, and I just wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes.”Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.” (p. 18) This quote really speaks to me, it’s truly one of my favorites. You have to accept your past for what it is, you cannot change it no matter how bad you want to. Although you must not deny it, or act as if it isn’t there, you have to learn from your mistakes. We all make mistakes, we’re human. You can’t look forward and focus on your future if you’re stuck in the past!”So many people walk around with a meaningless life … The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, . . . and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” (p. 43) This is so true, so many people only focus on money and material things. If you don’t have love in your life then you don’t fully understand what it means to be truly happy. People take life as just a game, they don’t focus on the things that truly matters. The things that truly give your life meaning is family and friends. This quote really opened my eyes to that.”The most importnant thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” (p.52) This quote taught me that love is a very powerful thing, and you should never be selfish with it. Without love, you’ll never achieve happiness. I think about times when i was so down and depressed, all i wanted was someone to say they were there for me and they loved me. I believe that is why I love this quote so much, because learning to love and showing that you love someone is important. Letting love come in is just as important, if you turn away from love and the people who try to show you affection, you’ll be lonely.”Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too – even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” (p.61) I love this quote, it has a lot of meaning to me. I have a hard time trusting people, but this quote made me look at things in a different perspective. It makes so much sense, if you trust people then people will trust you. The thing is, you have to continue to put your trust in people, even when you don’t know what’s going to happen.Tuesdays with Morrie is an amazing book. I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to read it because it has already made such an impact on my life! I’ve had the chance to look at so many things in a new perspective, that I never would have if it weren’t for this book. I wish I could have had the chance to talk to Morrie, he was truly amazing. Even though I didn’t really know Morrie, I’ll never forget his life lessons!

I have recently read Tuesdays with Morrie in my English class and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of quotes or sayings in this book have really impacted me, and become some of my favorite quotes. Here are a few of them:

“So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half asleep,…” pg. 43
    To me this means that a lot of people just run around with no purpose in life chasing things that could never bring them peace and happiness. So their lives are meaningless, they are living for the wrong things and can’t seem to find what they are looking for. This touched me because sometimes I do chase after the wrong things, sometimes I head in the complete opposite direction than I should be, I’m completely unhappy during those times and miserable, but then God gets me right back on track and I’m happy again, my life then has meaning, when I’m loving others and giving my life a purpose.

“Everyone knows they’re going to die, but nobody believes it.” pg. 80
    This is so true! So many people walk around like nothings ever going to happen to them. They won’t die, but everyone does. There comes a time and a place where everyone is going to die. This put my life in perspective, like I now know that I need to be happy and life live to its fullest being with the people I love and cherish, while I’m still here. This whole book taught me that. That and that I need to do the things I want to do, and say the things I want while I’m still here to say and do them. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

“… Without love, we are birds with broken wings.” pg.92
    I absolutely love this quote! It is one of my favorite ones in the entire book. Those simple lines have so much meaning. In life there is always someone that you are going to love, usually more than one person. You love your friends, you love your family, and you love that certain someone, but there is always someone to love. What would your life be without it? It would be nothing, your life would be nothing without love, because everyone does it and that’s what this quote is saying. That without love in our life, our life is just like a bird with broken wings. It can’t fly or anything. It is pretty much dead. So therefore, without love in our lives, our lives mean nothing, they are nothing.

I absolutely love this book and have enjoyed reading it more than you know. I wish I had a Morrie, someone to teach me all the time. I not only fell in love with this book and all of Morrie’s quotes, but with Morrie. He was such a loving person, and I know that it must have been an awesome experience to have known such a man as Morrie.

12emiddl

English class to me always means reading some sort of book that is pointless and I always hate and never get into. At my school, this has been an issue for me since my freshman year. I absolutely HATE reading anything. I’ve literally read 4 books completely through in all 17 years of my life. Recently, my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie. At first, I very seriously dreaded this book. Within the first few pages, I really got interested on what was going on. Now I’m surprisingly attached and have fallen in love with this book and Morrie Schwartz as well. In this book, there are so many quotes and life lessons I just can’t get enough of. So, I’m going to share a few of my favorites.
    “Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do”; “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it”; “Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others”; “Don’t assume that it’s too late to get involved.” (p. 18) I love all of these quotes Morrie jotted down because they make such an impact on my life and encourage me to do the same in my own life. I have trouble forgiving myself and others as well. I also have trouble letting go of the past. And sometimes even accept the fact that some things just aren’t for me. So, when I read this it really gave me courage to be a stronger person, just as Morrie was.
    “…You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn’t. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted… Love wins. Love always wins. ” (p.41) I love you quote as well. Don’t all teens plan on doing one thing and then end up doing the completely opposite? I’m very easily distracted. I let a lot of things hurt me, when I really shouldn’t let them get to me. I also take alot of things for granted, especially when it comes to family and things they do for me. I never noticed how much they really did for me until I started reading this book.
    “…you let go, let the tears flow, feel it completely…I’m not afraid of feeling lonely, but now I’m going to put that loneliness aside…” (p.105) This quote puts me in mind of alot of break ups that other people, and myself as well go through. People get so physically, mentally and emotionally attached to another person that they almost loose it when they separate. I have actually been there myself before. This quote helps me to let go and cry it out and then realize there is more to life than just that person.
    Tuesdays with Morrie has really impacted my life in so many ways. It’s unreal how one person can make such an impact on so many lives. Morrie was a very special many and kind of a hero to me. I’m glad I have had the chance to read this book. It is a really amazing book that has made such a huge effect on my perspective in life.

Recently in English 101 I was introduced to a book that quite possibly changed my view of life. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a new experience. I wish I had the chance to have met Morrie. But many of the things he has said have touched me deeply.

“Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do”; “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it”; “Dont assume that its too late to get involved.” This makes me think about our everyday life. We have to accept what we can do, we shouldnt be jealous of others if they do something we dont. We all have the chance its whether we take the opportunity or not. And our past should stay there, its hard to bring up the past with people. Its not a comfortable subject. Most importantly you can always get involved in something, if you think you want to, jump in there and do it. Dont assume that since its already started you cant lend a helping hand. This makes me think about myself, Do I accept what I do and what I dont do? Do I accept the past or do I try to bring it up and pretend like its the present? And, Do I get involved or am I like many others and say its already started I cant do that? Pg. 18

And finally one of my favorite stories, pg. 113. ” There is a tribe in the North American Artic… This is what they believe.” I absolutely loved that story! The miniature body, which is really your soul, sounds like something you would find in a fairy tale book. But I can understand why they believe it. How neat would it be to see yourself in mini form and know its your soul?

“Love wins. Love always wins.” I cant express what this does to me. I completely believe in love, true love, soul mates, all that romantic stuff. It makes me happy to know that Morrie knew so much and experienced so much love through out his lifetime that he can say “Love wins.” There were so many people there for him until the very end. I hope someday when its my turn to die that I have that much support and love. Pg. 40

“So many people walk around with a meaningless life… devote yourself to creating something that gives you a purpose and meaning.” This is so very true! So many people walk around in life not knowing where they want to go or what they want to do. They chase dreams others dreamt up for them, but they are never truely happy. We should all take a step back in life and just love everyone, help out our community and stop pretending we are happy. We should take control and do the things we want. Things that make us happy. Pg.43This book has definetly made an impact in my life. As well as many other classmates of mine. It makes you think about your life in general. Are you living how you want to? Are you doing everything you can do? Morrie taught us all things we needed to hear in life, new lessons that we all will hopefully, put to use in our futures. I know I will definetly try to live more how I enjoy and do the things I want, not what others want for me. Thank you Mitch Albom and Thank you Morrie Schwartz.

A few weeks ago during my third period English 101 class, my teacher introduced a book to me that has already took afftect on my life, I have heard quotes about life and how it works, what you should do, how you should act in certain situations, Never have I fully understood the meaning of any of them sayings until Morrie explained them to Mitch in a way I could never forget..Ever. There are three quotes I read that touched my heart and actually made me think, wow that’s so true!, What if that did happen?, and what would I do if I were in that position?. Which brings me to my first quote:
    On page 43. Morrie tells Mitch “So many people walk around with a meaningless life…. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others.” This meant alot to me not only because the statment Morrie made is very true but because of the fact that I do this so much, I walk around carying everything on my shoulders. Some days I act like i’m not even alive in this world, I find myself never having anything good to say and I should’nt be that way by no means. I need to take every day One step at a time and I do need to devote myself to certain things an try to do better with how I act towards people, my work an to Myself.
    A second quote I found that made me ashamed is on page 56-57. When Mitch ask Morrie if he felt sorry for himself. Morrie replys: “Sometimes in the morning” he said. “I feel around my body…. I mourn the slow isidious way in which I’m dying. But then I stop…. I give myself a good cry when if I need it but then I concentrate on all the good things in my life…. ” I honestly don’t even want to talk about how terrible I am at this sometimes but i’m not going to lie about it because im truthful. I do feel sorry for myself and I’m sure I have done it Plenty of times an not even know it because I’m so spoiled and I don’t take the time to look at what is standing right infron of me, I don’t stop and realize hey that could me in their situation, or stop to think I need to be moe appreciative because one day everything could be gone and I would be left with the biggest regrets, I would feel so embarassed that I would rather crawl under a rock and die. I need to pay way more attention to the things I have right now because one day the ones I love the most won’t be here forever or I could die early, and the whole time I had them I could’ve been making the best moments/memories of my entire life.
    A third quote that has always meant something to me, that I have heard all my life is on page 91 when Morrie says, ” If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important.”I couldn’t agree more with this quote i’ve always been touched by this and now that I’m older I understand that this is such a true statement. When I was little I would count on my friends to always be there because I thought they would, but now that I know not everyone is your friend an you can’t always hand out your trust so easy, but you can to the ones YOU KNOW will never turn there back on you, I’m so grateful to have the family I do, I don’t think I could make it through as far as I have without them. There my support through absolutely everything I do! I need to thank God a trillion times a day that he has Blessed me with so much more than I deserve.
    I could go on and on about quotes that Morrie has said and taught through out this story, I can’t wait to finish the book this weekend. I’m so glad Mitch Albom wrote this book it’s absolutely amazing and i’ve never read ANYTHING like it!

SDozier21

Lately, my English 101 class has focused its attention to Tuesdays with Morrie. I actually hate to read but this book has opened my eyes to new outlooks on life and has reminded me about the important things in life. This book will teach any kind of person how to live a full life. I hope as i read on throughout the book that this man (Morrie) will continue to surprise me with his wise thoughts. “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.” (p. 18) This, without a doubt, has to be my favorite quote so far. I feel like i can relate to it with many situations/relationships in my life. What he says here is pretty self explanitory. Remember your past because it is what has made you who you are today, but leave it where it belongs… in the past. Since you can not change your past, you must learn from your mistakes and press on. Turn what was a weakness into a new strength. If you can not learn to do this you will never be able to accept yourself for who you are nor accept others for who they are. “…if you’re ever going to have people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too.” (p.61) This is another one of my favorite quotes because it is so true. If you want someone to trust you, you have to give trust in return. You have to give a little, to get a little. In any relationship, whether it’s a mother – daughter relationship, siblings or a dating relationship, you have to have trust. Without trust you have nothing. Like the quote says, trust is never one sided. No one person can ever be trusted, if they can’t learn to trust themselves. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” (p.52) When I stumbled across this, it really caught my attention. Love is a very important essential to a persons life. In life, you have to give love and show affection to the ones you care about to let them know that it’s okay for them to show you love in return. When you shut people out and you won’t let love in, you push out of your life all the ones that are important to you. Then one day you’ll look around and realize if you just would have let love in, you would have been a happier person in the long run. Show love so you can receive it. In what little I have read so far, I have learned so much from Morrie. He is a very inspiring and extraordinary person. He has taught me to accept the past, to trust someone, and how to give love out to let love in. I can’t wait to read on and see what other life lessons Morrie has in store for me.

For the past few weeks my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie. This book has been such an inspiration to me. I am really not the type to read at all, but this book has touched me in so many ways. Here are a few of my thoughts on this book.
    I love the part on page 12 when Morrie went to the funeral of one of his colleagues. He was so upset that his colleague didn’t get to hear any off the kind words his friends and family were saying about him. Morrie decided to have his own funeral. This is one of the neatest things I have ever heard. People never express how much they care about someone until that someone is dead. By this time, it is too late. I think that this is a great idea. I hope that many other people has been encouraged the way I have been by this thought. Especially those who know for a fact that they will die soon. After reading this part of this book, I think that many people should have ” living funerals”. I believe that if I ever get into a situation where I know that I am going to die, I will have a living funeral of my own.
    On pages 103 and 104 Morrie says ” Take any emotion… If you hold back on the emotions- if you don’t allow yourself to go all the way through them- you can never get to being detached, you’re too busy being afraid… But by throwing yourself into these emotions… You experience them fully and completely”. I believe this is one of the most intelligent ideas I have ever heard. To experience an emotion, know what it is, then detach yourself from it. I would have never in a millon years thought of something like that. Now that I haveread this book, I tell myself when I am stressing over a test or something that it is only stress. By doing this, I literally calm myself down and I get stress free in seconds. I also experience the good emotions to the fullest. When i am happy, I don’t think about being let down or dissappointed. I just let myself be as happy as i can be, and not worrying about being let down.
    On page 119, Morrie is talking to Mitch. He tells him that Mitch himself is going to die eventually. This is a bold, yet very true statement. everyone on the planet know that they are going to die one day. everyone knows that they will not live forever on this earth. But no one really believes it. Not until the day they are on their death bed. This may be hard to believe, but it is the truth. Everyday, people do stupid, death defying things. People Sky dive. People ride four-wheelers. People drink alcohol and do drugs knowing that it can take precious time off of their only life. If people truly believed that they were gonna die, they would do more things to protect their bodies.

My English class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie and I thought for sure that I wouldn’t like it. I hate non-fictions and I was scared that this would be one of those books that I would just give up on. Mitch, I was wrong! Morrie really has touched my life. . This book has been the best reading of my life. Morrie has changed my complete perspective on living with his aphorisms.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let love come in.” (pg. 52) This has truly taken an effect on me. Something happened in my life within the past year that led me to believe loving someone would never come easily to me anymore. I started reading Morrie and when I got to this part of the book I paused and thought about this for a while. In order for someone to love me again, I had to love first. I had to learn how to love again. This helped me with the problem I had been struggling with recently.
    “Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too – even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” (p.61) Morrie makes such a good point here. If you don’t allow someone to trust you, you can’t ever trust them. You have to just close your eyes and have faith within yourself that you can believe what you feel. Don’t worry about what you see. Morrie has got me believing what I feel.
    “…If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important.” (pg. 91) It’s true that if you have no family support then you have nothing. Without my family, I’m afraid I would have never succeeded in school as well as I have now. My parents have pushed me and supported me fully in everything I have ever done. Without their concern, I’m afraid I would not be as strong of a person as I am now. The love that I have received from them has been very important in my life. Morrie really knew what he was talking about when he said this.
    “… by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely…’Alright. I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion…” (pg. 104) This is one of my favorites. We go through so many emotions in life that we never realize that we can actually detach ourselves from them. We just hit the emotion full fledge. After reading this, I noticed that a lot of my heartaches could be avoided the second time around if I would have just detached myself from that emotion. Anger, pain, and heartbreak are common. If I would have read this book sooner, I would have taken back a lot of my emotions wasted. I could have been living life to the fullest if only I would have detached myself for just a moment.
    This book is one of the best reads so far of my life. I will continue reading this to the very last word on the very last page. Mitch, you and Morrie have changed my life’s perspective on everything. The way you set up the book, if I ever had a question about anything in my life, I can turn to the chapter where you and Morrie talked about it on a Tuesday.

Drewskii

My english class has been reading Tuesdays With Morrie recently, so I just thought I would share some of my favorite quotes. On page 52 there is a quote that Morrie says that I really like “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let love come in.” I definantly agree with this quote, the moment I learned this lesson, my life instantly improved, when i learned how to love and let love come in, I became so much happier, and now I don’t see how my life could get any better than it already is, yet somehow everyday, it does, all because of love. Another quote that i really like is on page 35, “You have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn’t work, don’t buy it. Create your own.” I believe that instead of following the culture set in front of them, by other people, everyone should create their own culture, if the culture makes you feel bad then don’t be a part of it, be yourself and create your own culture, if you do you will feel much better about yourself and be much happier. The last quote I would like to share that I really liked starts on page 120 ” The truth is, part of me is every age….how can I be envious of where you are – when I’ve been there myself? ” I definantly agree with this quote, the older you get, the more you learn, you get wiser, and more intelligent, why would you want to be younger when you have already been that age? You should want to keep going foward instead of wasting time wishing you could go back to when you were younger, because it is pointless, keep moving foward and live your life to the fullest, I don’t ever wanna look back and say “Man I wish I could be 16 again” or any age for that matter, I want to keep moving foward, im not gonna waste my life trying to go back. This book has tought me many things, it is amazing and I have learned so much while reading it. Thank you so much for writing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest