Tuesdays with morrie

Home Forums To Mitch Tuesdays with morrie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malbom 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PaulaEvangelista
    Participant

Good day sir mitch! I am Paula Evangelista, a student from Saint Michael’s College of Laguna, Philippines. As our class talked about your book “Tuesday’s with Morrie” I learned the significance of life and death; I learned that I must spend my time wisely eventhough I’m just a teenager. Acknowledging your book, I just want to ask you some questions, what did you feel when people started to talk about your book “Tuesdays with Morrie”? And which do you like more being a writer or being a broadcaster? Thank you in advance! I hope you’ll notice me😊

Malbom
    Keymaster

Dear Paula,

Before I wrote Tuesdays with Morrie, people would stop me at the airport to ask who I thought was going to win the Super Bowl. They knew me as a sports columnist and a broadcaster. After Tuesdays, they would stop to tell me about their sick loved one, or the loved one they lost. Many sometimes–and still do–get confused and call me Morrie.

At first it was quite overwhelming to me. I didn’t feel worthy of the questions people were asking me. I felt I needed to solve their problems and have just the right response to help them. Over time I’ve come to realize that the best response is just to listen. I try my best to do that, even with the volume I receive. Just as Morrie did with his students.

What would you do?

Your friend,
    Mitch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest