Tuesdays with Morrie

Home Forums To Mitch Tuesdays with Morrie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malbom 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Airacastro
    Participant

Good day Mr. Albom I’m Aira Castro from the Philippines I love your book TWM (Tuesdays with Morrie). I love how you made the us, your readers realize the true meaning of life and I was amazed how you thought of publishing your book for your professor.I would just like to us, why of all the people who have been your professor why did you pick Mr. Morrie to keep in touch with? And why did he picked the hibiscus plant to put on his window ledge?Thank you in advance and I’m hoping you can answer my question. Godspeed

Malbom
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to respond, but I’m currently getting ready for the publication of the 20th Anniversary Edition of Tuesdays with Morrie–which is tomorrow!–and working on my next book.

Your question is interesting because that’s just where the story begins–I didn’t choose to stay in touch with Morrie. Instead, I made a promise at graduation that I would, and then broke that promise for 16 years. And when chance, or maybe fate, put Morrie on my television screen, I was compelled to at least honor that promise once, before it was too late. Maybe Morrie’s illness presented a deadline I couldn’t ignore. All I know is that I felt compelled, even if I’m not sure why.

As for the hibiscus plant–I’m not sure. Perhaps because of its color?

Thanks for writing.

Mitch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest