MITCHALBOM.COM provides an online service that allows users to access publicly available information and enables members to participate in groups, post information and actively participate in discussion and community postings.
1. How is Personal Information used?
If you register and create an account to take advantage of the full range of services offered on MITCHALBOM.COM, we ask for and record personal information such as your name, email address and zip code. You will have the ability to opt-in to receive updates and news, for which we will use your email address.
The Personal Information collected from you is used:
- to provide you and other users with information on our products or services and to notify you of new features, news stories, community listings boards or promotions from time to time;
- to generate statistics about how many people visit our Website and what they look at using web logs and cookies;
- to send you messages about the Site, its services and updates on Mitch Albom and his work
- to provide personalized and relevant recommendations, advertisements, help and instructions.
Please note that our Website contains links to other websites, which we provide for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than MITCHALBOM.COM please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. You should be sure to review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
2. How do I unsubscribe from newsletters and emails?
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about new products, services or promotions: registered members can unsubscribe in the space provided in Account Preferences. Non-members who do not have an Account may unsubscribe in the Newsletter sign-up area on the website or by clicking on the opt-out link that appears in every email that is sent from MitchAlbom.com.
3. Will Personal Information be given to anyone else?
In the circumstances described below, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties:
User Posting to Public Group Forums
Disclosures required by law
MITCHALBOM.COM will not sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information to third parties. However, it may disclose aggregated user information in a way that will not identify individual users.
4. How we safeguard your Personal Information
MITCHALBOM.COM will securely store Personal Information to reasonably mitigate the risk of loss, unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of your profile and personally identifiable information. Our IT systems are password protected and only authorized personnel are permitted to access details.
5. Contacting Us