Picture the regular crowd from “Cheers”, add a band, current newsmakers, politicians, nationally known celebrities, and film, television and stage stars and you are listening to The Mitch Albom Show!
Combining commentary, comedy, and in-depth interviews with WJR‘s rich news and information heritage, The Mitch Albom Show offers entertainment plus news, traffic, sports and weather in a fast-paced package.
After performing nationally at famed comedy stops such as the Comedy Store, the Improv, Zanies, and the Comedy Castle – and doing TV shows like A&E’s “Comedy on the Road,” “Star Search,” and BET’s “Comic View” – Ken was hired as the funny man for an up and coming radio show with some guy named Mitch.
Originally hired for only one day a week, the Albom show gradually increased Ken’s appearances when certain parts of his talent became undeniable – mainly that he didn’t charge any more for one day’s work than he did for five.
As they say in show biz, dahling…the rest is history!
Be sure to catch Ken’s next comedy show at a club near you.
Inner Circle Sponsors
In the Studio
This Week’s Guests
Monday, Feb 1
- Bruce Y Lee, Executive Director, PHICOR and Professor, CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
- Greg Beacham, Associated Press
Tuesday, Feb 2
- Jeffrey McCall, Communication and Theatre, Professor, Depauw University
Wednesday, Feb 3
- James Craig, Detroit Police Chief
Thursday, Feb 4
- Zach Mettler, Staff Writer and Communications for Focus on the Family
- TJ Nelligan, author of Live Like Sean: Important Life Lessons from My Special-Needs Son
Friday, Feb 5
- To come
Dig in with Duggan
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggann joins us on the Mitch Albom Show the second Tuesday of each month.