- Tuesdays with Morrie - Published August 18, 1997 "Death ends a life, not a relationship." About | Read Now | Buy
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Published September 23, 2003 "All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time." About | Read Now | Buy
- For One More Day - Published September 26, 2006 "Every family is a ghost story. The dead sit at our tables long after they have gone." About | Read Now | Buy
- Have a Little Faith - Published September 29, 2009 "What if our beliefs were not what divided us, but what pulled us together?" About | Read Now | Buy
- The Time Keeper - Published September 4, 2012 "It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be." About | Read Now | Buy
- The First Phone Call from Heaven - Published November 12, 2013 "What if the end is not the end?" About | Read Now | Buy
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto - Published November 10, 2015 "Everyone joins a band in this life." About | Buy
- The Next Person You Meet in Heaven - Published October 9, 2018 A new sequel to The Five People You Meet in Heaven About | Buy
- Chika - Chika - Published November 5, 2019 A Little Girl, An Earthquake, and the Making of a Family About | Buy
September 26, 2006
Every family is a ghost story. The dead sit at our tables long after they have gone.
Register your reading group and access video and print-ready discussion guides.
Using one of Mitch’s books in the classroom? Please share your story in the Teachers’ section of the site, where you will also find educators’ guides.
A talk given to fellow staffers at the Detroit Free Press, this essay is a valuable resource for writers looking to find their voice and reach an audience.