Returning (finally!) for its second year, EAT Detroit showcases our city’s diverse culinary scene with a one-of-a-kind experience benefitting our most underserved citizens, all in one night. Enjoy the chef’s featured dishes (and craft drinks, as well as live musical entertainment, at more than 20 restaurants and help the initiatives of SAY Detroit that provide housing, food, medical care, education, and more to Detroiters in need at any age.
This is a limited event on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can order up to 6 tickets.
So how does this work?
In a nutshell: Wear your wristband, visit a restaurant, eat and drink and repeat at the next stop until you’re full or the event ends at 9:30 p.m.
For General Admission attendees, you’ll grab your wristband at your starting restaurant — which you chose at ticket purchase — and pick up a guide map for your recommended route when doors open at 5:30 p.m. Then let the dining begin! Enjoy food and drink at participating restaurants, and stroll between locations or use our official shuttles for longer distances — and no bill ever arrives!
With a tasting menu of 3 specialty dishes and 1 signature drink at each restaurant, you won’t go hungry or thirsty. Alcohol-free refreshments will be available as well. Strolling waitstaff and self-selected starting restaurants, along with recommended routes, will keep traffic flowing and eliminate long lines! Attendees are also welcome to enjoy a free water ice dessert — at any time during the event! — at the Detroit Water Ice Factory.
Greeting you at each restaurant – and on the shuttles and route stops – will be our EAT Detroit volunteers, who’ll be eager to answer your questions. You’ll recognize them because they’ll all be wearing our official 2022 EAT Detroit apron.
VIP attendees enjoy additional benefits, including:
- In an exclusive dining experience presented by San Morello, VIP patrons will join Mitch Albom and other special guests at a pre-event reception at 5 p.m. at Shinola Hotel’s Birdy Room.
- 5 VIP-exclusive restaurants, choose your starting at ticket purchase. VIP-only restaurants allow diners to avoid any potential crowds and spend more time in these restaurants.
- Your VIP experience ends with dessert: After 9PM, enjoy a final course of flaming desserts and miniature pastries in the iconic Ghostbar at The Whitney. Relax in the hauntingly beautiful and classy space featuring an ornate wood bar and antique decor.
- Check in and get your wristband at the VIP reception.
- VIP concierge desk located in the Atrium at One Campus Martius (you’ll pick up your wristband there if you can’t make it to the pre-event reception.)
Further details can be found at www.eatdetroit.info