* Green Bay 20, Lions 13: The Lions are playing for league-wide respect. The Packers are playing to make the playoffs. The second is more desperate. Always go with desperation.
* Miami 17, New England 6: Don Strock starts the game at quarterback, gets hurt, Shula calls on Bob Griese, who gets hurt, Shula calls on Earl Morrall, who gets hurt . . .
* NY Giants 28, Philadelphia 20: I’m sure Vai Sikahema is a fine player, but to me, it sounds like something you’d yell at the Alamo.
* LA Raiders 19, San Diego 13: Whenever you don’t expect the Raiders to win, they do.
* Pittsburgh 19, Denver 16: Things are getting a little rocky in the Rockies.
* LA Rams 2, Washington 1: When they take a head count on the Redskins these days, its of the ones that are still attached to the bodies.
* Minnesota 27, Tampa Bay 7: If Sam Wyche is such an innovative coaching genius, why can’t he invent a way to win a game now and then?
* Kansas City 9, Chicago 6: Big news in Kansas City this week. Joe Montana wiggled his toes.
* NY Jets 38, Cincinnati 6: Boomer’s revenge.
* Dallas 30, Atlanta 24: The good news is, Bernie Kosar is learning the playbook. The bad news is, he took a wrong turn on the way to practice, and was later found in Mexico.
* Houston 17, Cleveland 16: I don’t know what Todd Philcox’s nickname is. I’m pretty sure it’s not “Stud.”
* Buffalo 30, Indianapolis 10: Bills are still trying to score in Monday night’s game.
* San Francisco 28, New Orleans 10 (Monday night): The old tough Saints, they ain’t what they used to be.
* Best pick last week: Green Bay 20, New Orleans 19 (Packers won, 19-17).
* Worst pick last week: San Diego 24, Chicago 7 (Bears won, 16-13).
* Record last week: 9-4.
* Record vs. spread: 9-4.
* Season record: 84-43.
* Season vs. spread: 56-68-3.