Detroit’s newest power play from Mitch Albom extended through July 10th
Mitch Albom and Olympia Entertainment are proud to announce a three-week extension of the acclaimed author and playwright’s first musical, Hockey – The Musical!. The new show dates for the extended run (listed below) will run from Thursday, June 23 thru Sunday, July 10 (evening performances Thursday-Sunday with additional matinee performances Saturday & Sunday). The “coolest show of the summer” has received praise from audiences and critics alike.
“… laughed nearly non-stop.” – MLive
“I suspect that it will be performed in every hockey town in America and Canada.” – Encore Michigan
“On behalf of the actors, crew and producers, we are so thrilled that “Hockey- The Musical!” has been received so warmly,” said Hockey – The Musical writer and executive producer Mitch Albom. “It’s always good to laugh, and there’s something fittingly funny about an ice hockey musical being popular in the summer. We’re very grateful to all those who have seen it and given it such good buzz.”
Those looking for a truly special night, or overnight, in The D needn’t look far – a number of local hotels and restaurants are now offering deals and specials to ensure hockey and theatre fans won’t be shorthanded.
Dinner & Show Package (10% off tickets, 10% off dinner)
- Available from: DaEdoardo Foxtown Grille, The Whitney and Harry’s Bar. Harry’s Bar offers shuttle service to and from the City Theatre and should be requested at time of purchase.
Group Discounts for eight or more offer $5 to $10 off tickets.
- Call Olympia Entertainment at 313.471.3099 for details and to purchase Group Tickets and Dinner & Show packages.
Hotel Discount (20% off tickets) Contact: Individual hotel for room and show ticket reservations.
- Available from: Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney, Atheneum Suite Hotel, Best Western-Greenfield Inn, Caesars Windsor, Country Inn & Suites, Courtyard Detroit, Crowne Plaza Detroit, Detroit Marriott @ Ren Cen, Detroit Regency Hotel, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Detroit Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Hotel St. Regis, Roberts RiverWalk Hotel & Residence, The Dearborn Inn/Marriott, The Edward, The Henry, The Inn on Ferry Street and the Westin Book Cadillac.
NEW PERFORMANCE DATES
- Thursday, June 23: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 24: 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25: 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 26: 2 p.m. & 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 30: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 1: 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 2: 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 3: 2 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 6: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 8: 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 9: 2:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 10: 2:00 p.m.
Tickets are $39.50 and can be purchased through:
- Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices
- Hockeytown Authentics in Troy (no service charge)
- Ticketmaster locations, Ticketmaster.com or phone: (800) 745-3000.