* Lions 23, 49ers 21: Hey, baseball’s gone. Hockey’s gone. Let me dream a little, OK?
* Indianapolis 17, NY Jets 14: In one of those wonderful little sports agate moments, I saw this under the injury report for the Colts: “Jon Hand (leg), out.”
* Philadelphia 21, Washington 3: That old Dallas job is looking better and better to Norv Turner.
* New England 33, LA Raiders 31: I hate to say this, silver and black fans, but if they lose this one, the season is over.
* Kansas City 17, San Diego 16: Congratulations to Junior Seau, who just had a son, Junior Seau Jr.
* Seattle 37, Denver 27: Pretty soon, he goes from Wade Phillips to Sink Phillips.
* Dallas 20, Arizona 9: There’s a big difference between Emmitt Smith carrying the ball and backup Lincoln Coleman carrying the ball. Lincoln Coleman even sounds slow.
* Atlanta 24, Tampa Bay 6: OK, Tampa. That’s enough fun for one season.
* Chicago 17, New Orleans 9: New Orleans cut Steve Walsh; now he starts for the Bears. The Bears cut Jim Harbaugh; now he starts for the Colts. Do you get the feeling that, sooner or later, everyone ends up back where they started?
* Buffalo 24, Miami 20: Don Shula keeps trying to call his son David after Miami drubbed the Bengals last week, but David keeps hanging up on him.
* Green Bay 18, LA Rams 14: The Rams’ throwback uniforms are the only ones the NFL should keep. Now, if they could only play like the old Rams.
* NY Giants 24, Minnesota 20 (Monday night): Dave Meggett already runs, catches, throws and returns. Where did they find this guy, at True Value?
* Best pick last week: Miami 27, Cincinnati 7 (Dolphins won, 23-7).
* Worst pick last week: San Francisco 21, Philadelphia 17 (Eagles won,
* Record last week: 6-6.
* Last week vs. spread: 8-4.
* Season record: 35-31.
* Season vs. spread: 35-29-2.
DLions; San Francisco 49ers; football; NFL; game; review