* LIONS 20, HOUSTON 17: I picked them last week. They won last week. I’m on a roll.
* DALLAS 20, NY GIANTS 10: Used to be a pumpkin pie game. Now it’s mashed potatoes.
* BUFFALO 30, INDIANAPOLIS 10: This, on the other hand, was always a brussels-sprout affair.
* ATLANTA 23, NEW ENGLAND 20: Could it be? The Falcons have finally found a team they can beat?
* NEW ORLEANS 20, MIAMI 13: Wouldn’t you know it. The Saints finally have a Super Bowl-caliber team, and the Super Bowl isn’t in New Orleans.
* WASHINGTON 17, PHOENIX 14: A few linemen go down, the quarterback goes south, and suddenly, Joe Gibbs doesn’t look like such a genius anymore.
* SAN DIEGO 17, LA RAIDERS 10: Move over, Raiders. There’s a new sheriff in Southern Cal.
* PITTSBURGH 28, CINCINNATI 10: After what I saw of the Bengals last week, I would pick Wisconsin to beat them.
* KANSAS CITY 27, NY JETS 6: The Jets are still walking around mumbling, “New England? We lost to New England?”
* CLEVELAND 21, CHICAGO 20: Hiroshima. Three Mile Island. Mike Ditka.
* GREEN BAY 24, TAMPA BAY 7: Battle of the Bays. Oh boy! Oh joy!
* MINNESOTA 20, LA RAMS 14: You gotta like a team whose defense scores more regularly than some teams’ offenses.
* SAN FRANCISCO 21, PHILADELPHIA 17: Banging these two together could start another earthquake out there.
* DENVER 28, SEATTLE 10 (MONDAY NIGHT): I know it’s Monday night. I know the Seahawks are the home team. That’s why I’m picking them to score 10 whole points.
* BEST PICK LAST WEEK: Minnesota 14, Cleveland 13 (Minnesota won, 17-13).
* WORST PICK LAST WEEK: NY Jets 20, New England 10 (New England won, 24-3).
* RECORD LAST WEEK: 12-2.
* RECORD VS. SPREAD: 5-9.
* SEASON RECORD: 97-57.
* SEASON VS. SPREAD: 65-85-4.