* WASHINGTON 24, LIONS 17: I’ve already watched Jim Harbaugh, former Wolverine, beat the Lions. If Desmond Howard scores a touchdown in the final minute Sunday, I’m going to smack him in the head with his old Michigan helmet.
* CINCINNATI 17, GREEN BAY 7: David Shula called up Don Shula last night and said, “Don’t worry, Dad. One day you’ll be 2-0 like me.”
* SAN FRANCISCO 26, NY JETS 10: Browning Nagle was supposed to be the next Joe Namath. Now he’s just the first Browning Nagle.
* SEATTLE 6, NEW ENGLAND 3: Good reason to clean the fish tank.
* TAMPA BAY 17, MINNESOTA 10: The first-place Tampa Bay Bucs? The first-place Tampa Bay Bucs?
* MIAMI 21, LA RAMS 7: The Atlantic is not the Pacific, and the Rams are not winning away from LA.
* LA RAIDERS 20, CLEVELAND 6: Bernie Kosar is still wandering around the Monday night field, saying, “Did we win? Did we win?”
* NEW ORLEANS 1, ATLANTA 0: I expect a close game.
* HOUSTON 1, KANSAS CITY 0: I expect another close game.
* DALLAS 31, PHOENIX 12: Jimmy Johnson shocks the world by coming out . . . with his hair parted on the other side.
* PITTSBURGH 12, SAN DIEGO 10: That was a pretty short starting career for Bob Gagliano, wasn’t it?
* BUFFALO 24, INDIANAPOLIS 14: The Colts have Jack Trudeau at quarterback. Isn’t he the guy who draws Doonesbury?
* PHILADELPHIA 20, DENVER 7: Green Crush.
* CHICAGO 24, NY GIANTS 20 (Monday night): The old, gray Giants, they ain’t what they used to be.
* BEST PICK LAST WEEK: Washington 27, Atlanta 20 (Atlanta lost, 24-17).
* WORST PICK LAST WEEK: New York Jets 23, Pittsburgh 20 (Pittsburgh won, 27-10).
* RECORD LAST WEEK: 9-5.
* RECORD VS. SPREAD: 8-6.
* SEASON RECORD: 18-9.
* SEASON VS. SPREAD: 15-11-1.