* Lions 26, Vikings 21: Purple is for prunes and Prince. Purple is not a winning color in a blue-collar town like Detroit.
* San Francisco 20, Denver 14: Just how many houses did Deion Sanders have?
* Green Bay 19, Atlanta 7: Andre Sinkin.
* Chicago 28, LA Rams 9: After last week’s collapse, the Bears will be happy Sunday just to have three hours without Dave Wandstedt screaming at them.
* New England 20, Buffalo 13: Cue the fat lady.
* San Diego 28, NY Jets 10: If Wayne Fontes thinks the Detroit media is tough, he ought to consider what happened last week after the Lions beat the Jets: the media in New York wanted Pete Carroll fired. And the guy’s in his first year!
* Tampa Bay 17, Washington 13: One word: why?
* Arizona 20, Cincinnati 7: Buddy Ryan will miss the rest of 1994. The Ghost of Christmas past is showing him the mistakes he has made so far.
* Pittsburgh 19, Cleveland 17: The AFC Super Bowl.
* Kansas City 17, Houston 2: That’s some job Jeff Fisher is doing with the Oilers, huh?
* Miami 24, Indianapolis 21: Jim Harbaugh’s back. Doesn’t equal Dan Marino’s arm.
* NY Giants 20, Philadelphia 16: Randall Cunningham hits the bench. Actually, he tries to hit the bench, but overthrows and has it intercepted.
* LA Raiders 23, Seattle 20: I don’t want to say those concussions are taking a toll, but Jeff Hostetler was seen this week reading “The Cat in the Hat.”
* Dallas 27, New Orleans 10 (Monday night): About the only thing that could motivate Dallas is showing off on Monday Night.
* Best pick last week: New Orleans 23, Atlanta 21 (Saints won, 29-20).
* Worst pick last week: Chicago 20, Green Bay 17 (Packers won, 40-3).
* Record last week: 8-6.
* Last week vs. spread: 8-6.
* Season record: 115-81.
* Season vs. spread: 96-94-6.