* DETROIT 24, SAN FRANCISCO 20: I know they’re supposed to lose. I know the 49ers have been to more Super Bowls in their sleep than the Lions have been to in their history. But you know what? One of these days, the Lions are going to knock off San Francisco. And I want to be the one to say, “See? Told you so.”
* CHICAGO 10, GREEN BAY 0: Trust me on this one.
* MINNESOTA 21, NEW ENGLAND 10: Although I guess we shouldn’t pick against a team that is now owned by the NFL. You know how those guys play with the rules.
* HOUSTON 34, MIAMI 23: Moon over Miami.
* NEW ORLEANS 28, TAMPA BAY 7: Sooner or later, someone is going to stop the Saints. But not the Bucs.
* ATLANTA 23, PHOENIX 10: If it says Atlanta these days, I’m going with it.
* SEATTLE 24, PITTSBURGH 23: If it says Pittsburgh these days, I’m going against it.
* NY JETS 31, INDIANAPOLIS 7: The new game in the NFL is who can beat the Colts by the most.
* KANSAS CITY 16, DENVER 13: Even though there are mountains in Colorado that are younger than Steve DeBerg.
* LA RAIDERS 20, LA RAMS 10: The total travel budget for this one is $7.25 in bus fare.
* SAN DIEGO 28, CLEVELAND 24: This is such a fascinating matchup I’d rather floss my teeth than watch it.
* BUFFALO 33, CINCINNATI 9 (Monday night): If this turns out to be a close game, then I know these Monday night games are fixed.
* RECORD LAST WEEK: 8-3.
* RECORD VS. SPREAD: 6-4-1.
* SEASON RECORD: 67-24.
* SEASON VS. SPREAD: 42-45-4.
* BEST PICK LAST WEEK: Dallas 34, Cincinnati 24. Cowboys won, 35-23.
* WORST PICK LAST WEEK: San Diego 19, LA Rams 17. Rams won, 30-24.