Since Sunday’s Lions game is in New York, I must keep my pre-pick comments brief, as I am very busy protecting my wallet.
* Giants 30, Lions 19: The question is, by how much?
* Chicago 31, Denver 10: Afterward, John Elway and Dan Reeves sing a stirring rendition of “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers.”
* Green Bay 28, Phoenix 20: Nobody wants to admit he’s from Arizona anymore. Not even the horses.
* Seattle 23, Minnesota 12: Can either team play outdoors?
* San Francisco 27, Tampa Bay 10: The 49ers should start spotting the other team points.
* Houston 21, Cleveland 20: New coach, same team.
* Buffalo 30, New England 3: The Pats shouldn’t even bother anymore.
* New Orleans 20, Washington 16: The Redskins could use Dexter Manley — at quarterback.
* Atlanta 30, Philadelphia 28: If ever two teams were well- suited, it’s the Eagles and Falcons. They should both be put in a cage.
* Kansas City 21, San Diego 17: The Chiefs lost to Seattle last week at home. They can’t be that stupid again.
* LA Rams 35, Dallas 12: These days, the Rams wake up on Sundays and say,
“Oh, no. We have to play again?”
* NY Jets 26, Indianapolis 10: What’s Eric Dickerson’s rush- per-dollar come to? About $50,000 per yard?
* Pittsburgh 30, Cincinnati 27: The Boomer and Bubby show.
* Miami 27, LA Raiders 20: Time to call Larry Csonka. The Dolphins are going to the playoffs.
* Record last week: 9-3.
* Record vs. spread: 6-6.
* Season record: 87-41.
* Season record vs. spread: 68-58-2.
* Best pick last week: Miami 14, NY Jets 3. Dolphins won, 17-3.
* Worst pick last week: Raiders 26, Green Bay 10. Packers won, 29-16.