* Dallas 28, Detroit 13: I said I would pick the Lions every game until they proved me wrong. You saw last week? All bets are off.
* San Francisco 30, LA Rams 10: You know, you just know, that Deion Sanders is going to run a kick back for a touchdown — then ask to have his contract renegotiated.
* Buffalo 35, Houston 20: Things just haven’t been the same in Houston since Buddy Ryan stopped throwing punches.
* Chicago 13, Minnesota 10: Dick Butkus. Sanders. Oh, how defensive stereotypes have changed.
* Denver 24, LA Raiders 21: One of these teams will be 0-3 after Sunday. The other will be grateful.
* Arizona 17, Cleveland 10: Jim McMahon starts for the Cardinals. Once again, in times of trouble, Ryan turns to someone who thinks like him.
* Kansas City 24, Atlanta 14: Before we crown Atlanta’s Jeff George and Andre Rison the newest Montana-to-Rice, let’s see them play against a difficult defense.
* Miami 28, NY Jets 21: You think Dan Marino’s doctor is getting a lot of calls these days?
* New England 27, Cincinnati 9: The Patriots are a team that comes close but loses. The Bengals are a team that doesn’t even come close.
* NY Giants 20, Washington 10: This matchup is to the NFL what John Travolta is to movies: Once hot, now just happy to get airtime.
* Green Bay 20, Philadelphia 14: Reggie White sacking Randall Cunningham, his old teammate, is too much for the Philly sports fan to bear. Expect weeping.
* Seattle 30, San Diego 23: Rick Mirer will one day do to the NFL what he used to do to Michigan.
* Pittsburgh 23, Indianapolis 20: Those fantasy football leaguers who took Marshall Faulk are looking pretty smart right now, aren’t they?
* Tampa Bay 20, New Orleans 15: Someone was really going to pay $175 million for the Bucs? And the Bucs turned it down? Take me, lord. I’ve seen it all.
* Best pick last week: Atlanta 27, LA Rams 10 (Falcons won, 31-13).
* Worst pick last week: LA Raiders 17, Seattle 15 (Seahawks won, 38-9).
* Record last week: 6-8.
* Last week vs. spread: 8-5-1.
* Season record: 14-14.
* Season vs. spread: 15-12-1.