THE LIVE ALBOM (Super Bowl Edition)
* Yes, it’s time for another Super Bowl. Go west. Get tanned. Hit the pool. What a drag.
* I’m certain this Super Bowl will be another LOW-KEY AFFAIR. DON’T YOU THINK? NO HYPE AT ALL! DENVER VS. NEW YORK! JUST GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED FOOTBALL!
* New York. No problem.
* Uh, that’s a prediction, I reckon.
* WELL. I SEE THE DENVER FANS ARE READY FOR THE POOL….
* I have received several letters suggesting the Lions take Oklahoma linebacker Brian Bosworth in this year’s draft. I have also received letters suggesting that if Bosworth shows his face in Detroit, he will be inserted into a GM car door along with the other loose nuts he left there.
* Personally, I don’t think the Lions should draft Bosworth, as he is only visiting this planet and will have to go home soon.
* AND HOW ABOUT PHIL SIMMS, THE QUIET LEADER OF THE GIANTS?
* AND DAN REEVES, THE QUIET LEADER OF THE BRONCOS?
* The first Super Bowl endorsement deal has already been signed. John Elway will take over the Crest toothpaste ads from the late Mr. Ed.
* You should go to see the Houston Rockets at the Silverdome tonight, while they still field a team.
* The Rockets lost John Lucas to drug talk last year. They lost Mitchell Wiggins and Lewis Lloyd to drugs this year. These days, if you’re a Houston guard, you sign in before you blow your nose.
* What if Lance Parrish woke up today and said, “It was all a dream. A terrible, terrible dream . . . ”
* The Red Wings are making little secret about their desire to move Petr Klima to some other organization. Funny. It seems like only yesterday the Wings were buying Klima a new car. Now they’re showing him the highway.
* Show me one guy who walks like an Egyptian.
* After his Fiesta Bowl loss, Miami coach Jimmy Johnson stayed in Arizona a few extra days. “I always loved it out here,” said Johnson, who had a big hit with “By The Time I Get To Phoenix” under his stage name, Glen Campbell.
* HEY! DID WE MENTION BILL PARCELLS, THE QUIET LEADER OF THE GIANTS?
* By the way, someone told me the halftimeshow at the Super Bowl will be a tribute to 100 years of Hollywood. Very sports-like.
* I’m sure many current football films will be highlighted, including the one about the Lions’ front office — “Little Shop of Horrors.”
* Also, “Three Amigos!” starring Raul Allegre, Efren Herrera and Tony Zendejas.
* And “Stand By Me,” on how Refrigerator Perry sneaks his friends into the theater.
* If it’s the America’s Cup, how come Australia’s got it?
* Speaking of Australia, the biggest movie down there is called “Crocodile Daly” — the story of a devilish Detroit basketball coach who teaches an Australian journalist about men’s fashion wear.
* Does anybody care where the Giants’ parade is? CUTLINES Elway Ed Rhinestone Johnson . . . or Campbell?