* Detroit 29, Minnesota 28: Although his critics have often called him a turkey, Wayne Fontes survives Thanksgiving with his head intact. Pick vs. spread: Minnesota.
* Dallas 20, Kansas City 17: Someone in the AFC has to stay within a touchdown of Dallas. Otherwise, why are we having a Super Bowl? Pick vs. spread: Kansas City.
* Atlanta 28, Arizona 6: I don’t want to say Buddy Ryan knows nothing about offense, but last week he asked the center, “How come you keep fumbling the ball between your legs?” Pick vs. spread: Atlanta.
* Buffalo 21, New England 20: That $3-million signing bonus to Dave Meggett is starting to look like a lot of money for a little return, isn’t it? Pick vs. spread: New England.
* Chicago 30, NY Giants 21: Dan Reeves says he won’t return after his remaining two years are up. What makes him think he’ll last two more years? Pick vs. spread: Chicago.
* Jacksonville 19, Cincinnati 14: Although Jeff is the best Blake since Eubie. Pick vs. spread: Jacksonville.
* Denver 30, Houston 21: Although there is not much nice you can say about Art Modell these days, he at least has better hair than Bud Adams. Pick vs. spread: Denver.
* Green Bay 28, Tampa Bay 23: The Battle of the Bays! Oh, boy! Oh, Joy! Pick vs. spread: Tampa Bay.
* Indianapolis 23, Miami 20: After the shellacking on Monday night, I wouldn’t pick Miami to win a beach volleyball game. Pick vs. spread: Indianapolis.
* Carolina 26, New Orleans 20: How about that? An expansion team reaches .500 the same time the Lions do. Pick vs. spread: Carolina.
* Philadelphia 28, Washington 14: Do you realize the only loss the Eagles have
in their last seven games is to Dallas? Pick vs. spread: Philadelphia.
* Pittsburgh 19, Cleveland 17: It’s just no fun to be a dog anymore. Pick vs. spread: Cleveland.
* San Francisco 30, St. Louis 3: Just get out of their way. Pick vs. spread: San Francisco.
* Seattle 16, NY Jets 14: Only watch this if you are so stuffed you can’t move. Pick vs. spread: Jets.
* Oakland 26, San Diego 20 (Monday night): The best memory of this year for the Chargers will be the game they played back in January. Unfortunately, that was last season. Pick vs. spread: Oakland.
* Last week: 10-5.
* Season: 63-57 (I got a late start).
* Last week vs. spread: 6-9.
* Season vs. spread: 56-61-3.
* Mitch vs. Curt (vs. spread): Curt Sylvester leads Albom by seven games, 63-54-3 to 56-61-3. The sports writer with the best record gets his choice of teams in the Freep’s annual Great Super Bowl Debate. The debate will appear the day before Super Bowl XXX in Tempe, Ariz.
* Best pick last week: Denver 30, San Diego 26 (Broncos won, 30-27).
* Worst pick last week: Miami 23, San Francisco 20 (49ers won, 44-20).