* LIONS 21, VIKINGS 20: Although I should say right here that I had such a dismal week of picks last week, I don’t know why anyone would listen to me.
* NEW ORLEANS 14, PHOENIX 9: Really, I was so bad, maybe I should just quit.
* CLEVELAND 13, GREEN BAY 6: I’m thinking about it. . . .
* INDIANAPOLIS 16, SAN DIEGO 10: Wait a minute, I think I can pick this one here. . . .
* DALLAS 28, KANSAS CITY 20: . . . And I did tell you KC would beat Philly last week.
* PHILADELPHIA 23, WASHINGTON 20: OK. I’ll be Ross Perot. I’m back. And so are the Eagles.
* SAN FRANCISCO 24, ATLANTA 17: San Francisco already had its wake-up call against New England.
* CHICAGO 28, TAMPA BAY 24: So Vinny Testaverde is talking with Jim Harbaugh, and Vinny says, “Really? My coach lets me change the plays all the time. . .
* MIAMI 30, NEW ENGLAND 3: Let’s face it. The Patriots played their best game of the year last week — and still lost by 12.
* HOUSTON 31, DENVER 20: Boy, the Broncos sure looked good on Monday night, huh?
* LA RAIDERS 14, SEATTLE 10: Here’s our fun stat of the week: The Seahawks have scored fewer points than four kickers in the NFL this year.
* NY GIANTS 24, LA RAMS 14: OK, TV networks. You have your dream. New York. LA. You know what? They both stink.
* (MONDAY NIGHT) PITTSBURGH 21, CINCINNATI 17: You mean to tell me this game gets on Monday night, and the Lions-Vikings is on a Thursday?
* BEST PICK LAST WEEK: Kansas City 21, Philadelphia 14. (Kansas City won, 24-17.)
* WORST PICK LAST WEEK: Buffalo 28, LA Raiders 10. (LA won, 20-3.)
* RECORD LAST WEEK: 9-2.
* RECORD VS. SPREAD: 3-8.
* SEASON RECORD: 48-27.
* SEASON VS. SPREAD: 39-33-3.